Wednesday 19 February 2014

WE'RE MOVING!


By Chris Luckett

As the I approach the end of my time studying Journalism at Mohawk College, I look back on how far I’ve come since 2011, as a film critic and as a person. There are myriad things I’ve taken away from the lessons I’ve learned, the experiences I’ve had, and the people I’ve met in those three years, but one of the most resonant things has been the realization of just how much I absolutely LOVE being a film critic. Everything about the experience of watching movies, of writing about them, of analyzing them, and of discussing them with people is... Well, I can think of nothing better.

And with that in mind, I’m very pleased to announce the new and re-launched form of The Apple Box, at AppleBoxReviews.ca. Weekly movie reviews, Oscar race updates, videos, lists, tweets, and podcasts are just some of the content you’ll find at the new site – made possible thanks to the tireless work of Scott Joseph Summerhayes, who helped design the new layouts and set it up. Also, be sure to check out or subscribe to The Apple Box in other forms of social media:


Lastly, to help announce the arrival of the improved and re-launched Apple Box, I am pleased to reveal The Apple Box’s anticipated Best Movies of 2013. We may be a little ways into 2014 at this point, but I hope that you’ll find it worth the wait.

Thank you to everyone who’s helped me realize my passion, who believes in me, who follows my output as a film critic, or who just occasionally checks out a review of mine. You have made me who I am now and shown me what I want to become, and I continuously appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment